State Representative Pamela Stevenson
Dear Friends and Neighbors,
It is an honor to serve as your State Representative! As your Representative, I have immersed myself in the business of change at the General Assembly. In 2022 alone, I worked on 47 house Bills, passed 6 Resolutions, and participated in 16 working groups.
Some of the highlights of where I focused my time and energy in 2022 include:
- Creating tax credits for renters.
- Instituting full-day kindergarten for all children.
- Extending voting hours for elections so all folks can vote.
- Addressing the rights of persons with disabilities.
- Declared an emergency in order to create pay raises for teachers, 1st responders, essential workers and medical workers.
- Addressing criminal histories of job applicants making it easier to get a job.
- Amending the Kentucky Constitution so that people who have completed their punishment can vote again.
- A focus on expanding civil rights to include a prohibition against discrimination because of gender identity or sexual orientation.
I come from a large family with West Louisville roots that go back to the early 1900s! My Mom had 14 siblings (we called them the French 15) and my Dad had three siblings. He and my Grandfather worked as union members at American Air Filter. It is that work ethic that is my foundation for serving you! I have lived all over the world as an officer in the United States Air Force. I served as a lawyer for 27 years in 11 countries. I have a proven history of serving and investing in people. This is a critical time in Kentucky’s history. We are faced with many challenges. I want to continue my work to transform life in our District, restore kindness and create a community that works for all people. I humbly ask for your vote for re-election on May 17,2022.